Tipo de trabajo: full_time
Compañia: The Art of Education University
Headquarters: The Art of Education University
QA Engineer | The Profession |
The Art of Education University (AOEU) is seeking a QA Engineer to join our growing Software Engineering Team in building the next generation online education platform. This individual will play a critical role in monitoring platform development to ensure design and product quality of the institution aligns with the highest standards and works optimally for streamlined customer experience.
Software Engineering | What We Believe |
Software Engineering supports AOEU and its mission by making others’ lives and jobs easier through software.
Software should be a tool that allows others to reach their goals more efficiently and effectively. It should be thoughtfully designed, accessible, unobtrusive, and opinionated for the purpose it serves. We work with the Product Team and Stakeholders to accomplish this result.
Software is a “living” entity that is continually growing and changing. Our team follows iterative development cycles in order To make the right changes at the right time.
We are an open-source mindset team. Just as we use open-source software, we also contribute to the community.
We believe that it isn’t the code that makes our team successful, how we work and fit together is.
The Art of Education University | Who We Are |
Our mission is simple, driven, and inspiring: We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
AOEU is an innovative and fast-growing institution of higher education serving art teachers around the world. In 2019, we became the first homegrown graduate university in the state of Iowa in 50 years and the world’s first “University For Life,” serving art educators throughout an entire lifetime of learning.
The Art of Education University serves tens of thousands of students, readers, and customers around the U.S. and in over 40 countries. Our Magazine is read more than 800,000 times each month, our events are attended by over 4,000 art educators annually, and we serve over 2,000 graduate students each year.
Our culture is at the heart of our success as an institution. We believe in a drama-free environment that upholds the ideals of Radical Candor©. We believe that your success is our success. You will always know where you stand and be challenged to grow and stretch yourself in ways you never imagined.
The Details | QA Engineer |
- Writes test plans
- Manually tests code changes to ensure they meet team standards and user requirements
- Identifies and reports reproducible defects with clearly defined steps and conditions
- Develops and maintains automated acceptance test suites
- Helps identify and troubleshoot blocking issues
- Investigates and gathers information on bug reports
- Performs system stress tests and helps identify performance bottlenecks
- Attends and participates in the development lifecycle of all software products
- Understands use cases and applies knowledge of the industry and users to identify potential UX issues and ensure the overall quality of the product
- Works with the product team to fully understand requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Values communication and collaboration with their team and others
- Balances short-term needs with long-term goals
- Thinks about what could go wrong and how we can mitigate the risk
- Takes ownership
- Values learning new technology and using the right tool for the problem
- Utilizes a creative mindset when troubleshooting
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus throughout the day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift items such as laptops, monitors, and the like
- When traveling:
- The ability to lift or push your suitcase
- Ability to carry/lift up to 25-50 lbs of presentation materials for customers or for conference presentations, etc.
VISUAL and TACTILE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like
We are not looking for knowledge of a specific language or toolset. We believe in analyzing the needs of the problem we’re trying to solve, and choosing the right tool for the job based on any number of different factors. The right candidate for this position will be able to effectively provide input into this decision, and have the ability to learn and work with whichever language and toolset are chosen.
- Experience with End-To-End Testing Frameworks (Cypress, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience manually writing and executing test plans for web applications
- Understanding web accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Source control (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes
- Experience working in a remote capacity
Compensation and Benefits
Structured as a full-time, exempt, and salaried position, this individual will report directly to Christopher Lamm, Director of Software Engineering. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Payroll is issued on a monthly basis paid on the 15th of the month.
Group healthcare plans are available. The Art of Education University will contribute 100% for full-time health, dental, and vision, employee-only coverage. Family coverage is available at an additional premium.
The Art of Education University offers participation, upon hire, of a 401K plan with up to a 4% match of employee contributions.
Appropriate and up-to-date technology is provided.
Unlimited self-managed PTO is offered to full-time members of AOEU. Extended vacations must be pre-approved. Flexibility exists so long as responsibilities are fulfilled and careful planning and communication are evident.
Persons interested in applying should complete the application form linked below. Applicants are required to submit a short 1-3 minute video explaining why they would like to be considered for the position and why they are uniquely qualified. Failure to submit a video will automatically eliminate you from the application process.
Candidates who make it to Round 2 of the Application process will be required to complete a packet for review, prior to their scheduled interview time.
Finalists will have one final culture interview with the President of the University.
All applicants and candidates will be notified of the status of their application.
- Interested applicants should complete the Application and upload a current resume by November 15, 2020.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified as applications are submitted.
- Anticipated position start date: December 1, 2020