Headquarters: New York (Remote OK)
CouponFollow is looking for a talented designer to join our digital team. CouponFollow is building next generation shopping tools for the everyday consumer. We’ve created an awesome money saving shopping Chrome extension, Cently, loved by hundreds of thousands of consumers and we want to continue to scale it with your help!
We have ambitious plans for updates to both CouponFollow and Cently and are looking for an equally ambitious and motivated designer to work alongside our CEO, and Director of Product to help design out new features, optimize the user experience and contribute to strategies that support growth, engagement and retention.
You should be passionate about creating exceptional products, with a deep love for user experience, and an eye for creating a clean, functional UI.
The role can be remote (preferably in the Americas), and will be a full time role.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a design role, ideally designing for both web and mobile.
- Experience wire-framing and designing in Sketch with an ability to communicate ideas visually.
- An ability to problem-solve, anticipate challenges, and propose better ways of building products.
- Experience translating designs to product requirements and working with the development team in an agile environment to successfully implement the designs (familiarity with project management software like JIRA a plus).
- Strong user experience intuitions, including an ability to discern great UX and empathize with users.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable taking the lead with clients, stakeholders, and remote teams.
- A history of taking initiative, self-management, and solving problems without explicit direction.
- A true team-player attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve the best results.
- Prior experience working in a startup environment or on product development teams for tech companies.
- Lead new feature initiatives
- Partner with engineering and design teams to deliver excellent products on tight timelines
- Work with QA and development teams to ensure designs implemented according to your vision, and rigorously tested
- Draft product requirements and specs, and transfer these into JIRA or similar tools
- Join regular standups and team meetings to ensure company objectives are being met
- Work in sync with customer success teams to prioritize UX issues and adjust designs accordingly.
- Participate in product strategy and tactical planning conversations
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in an e-commerce background
- Experience analyzing product funnels, with a desire to dive into product metrics, conduct analysis or research on user behavior, and translate findings into actionable product enhancements.
- Prior experience working with membership-based businesses
- Prior experience working with remote teams
- Prior experience working with analytics tools like Mixpanel or Periscope
- Flexible working hours. The position can be remote, and (within reason) can fit around your schedule
- Enjoyable, rewarding work. Our users are passionate about our products, and we believe we’re making a real difference in people’s lives. To date, we estimate that we have saved users over $400m to date, which is some serious dough.
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, kind, and motivated team members
- The ability to directly influence the success of projects and lead the direction of product
- Occasional business trips (e.g., open to occasional meetings in New York / Design, Product or Marketing conferences)
1) A cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the position, including any relevant experience.
2) A link to your portfolio, so we can see your design chops in action 👩🎨🎨👨🎨
3) Include a link to 1-2 *live* projects (if possible) that showcase your ability to create a great user experience.
To apply: email@example.com