Headquarters: Hayward, CA
Quartzy is looking for a Business Development Associate to help us build a strong market position by locating, developing, negotiating, and closing business relationships with key suppliers. This role requires a thorough knowledge of the life science supply market, and of the solutions that Quartzy provides both to suppliers and scientists.
You will serve as the point of contact with our suppliers and will take a data-driven approach to ensuring that the needs of both our customers and our suppliers are met. This role requires a tremendous attention to detail, ability to analyze data to drive decisions, and the business judgement to create structured processes in a fast-moving startup environment.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy through both our workflow tool and our cost-saving marketplace. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs and companies alike. We value openness, transparency, and good communication, because, after all, we are in this together.
What you'll do
- Develop new supplier relationships, setting and meeting mutual sales targets
- Grow existing supplier accounts through new solutions and services
- Build the data infrastructure, reports, and dashboards that help define our strategic business KPIs
What we'd like
- 1+ years experience in a Business Development, Vendor Management strategy role
- Experience with data analysis and common BI platforms (Tableau/Looker, etc.) as well as CRMs (Salesforce.com)
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Highly-organized with a tremendous attention to detail
- Experience in the laboratory / life science industry
What we offer
- Exciting team events such as happy hours, off-site retreats, bubble soccer
- Rich medical benefits (health, dental, and vision)
- Read more about our team culture here
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
To apply: Please apply via this link: https://jobs.lever.co/quartzy/10495f44-4c92-49a3-8f7b-04ea98c90dcc?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=WeWorkRemotely