Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a full-time Technical Support Engineer (work from home, anywhere in the U.S.) to manage our technical escalations as well as support our Sales team in pre-sales and post-sales conversations. We make Retrospect Backup, a backup software product for small businesses, and Retrospect customers span a wide range, from home users protecting their documents and photos to small businesses protecting their one server and ten laptops to large organizations with dozens of servers and thousands of endpoints.
We need someone with great people skills backed by a strong knowledge of the computer systems and experience troubleshooting to help our customers and resellers through their product issues and questions. It’s a full-featured product for small businesses, and we will provide you with product training to ensure you can help out our customers and resellers.
The team is a close-knit distributed group, located in the San Francisco area with coworkers around California, Portland, New York, and Boston as well as international locations like Buenos Aires and Mumbai. Most of the team has been working on Retrospect for over a decade, and previous support people have moved into all areas of the company.
You will report to the Director of Technical Support and interact with our Engineering team and Sales team. We hold a daily 15-minute Engineering scrum, where we discuss Engineering projects and you can share any specific issue or escalation directly with the team. We've found this is the best way to ensure our customer issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
We offer a competitive compensation package, with health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and a flexible vacation policy.
- Great customer service skills
- Handle both technical support and sales support calls and emails
- Ability to write clear technical emails to customers of all skill levels
- Strong Windows and macOS knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Strong IT and systems administration experience
- Experience with VMware/ESX Server, Hyper-V, and Linux
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM for logging support tickets
- High-speed reliable internet connection and a high-quality webcam (for internal meetings)
- Quiet remote environment to work at home
- Experience telecommuting
- Self-sufficient and excellent critical thinking
- Based in the United States
## Relevant Skills
All of these will come up but are not requirements, depending on the person:
- Experience with Windows servers
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL
- Experience with backup software
- Experience with storage devices
- Experience working in a small call center
- Experience with remote troubleshooting with TeamViewer or similar
- Experience hosting webinars to small pre-sales customer groups
- Ability to switch from phone calls to email tickets
For tools, we use G Suite for email/calendar/meetings, Bugzilla for bugs and escalations, VirtualPBX for our call system, TeamViewer for remote troubleshooting, Slack for quick chats with Sales, Intercom for website chat with customers, and Salesforce for our CRM. We will provide you with a computer and phone equipment.
## About Retrospect, Inc.
Retrospect, Inc. develops backup software for small businesses: Retrospect Backup. It protects servers, desktops, and laptops on Windows, Mac, and Linux along with application-level backup for Exchange and SQL, email protection for IMAP, and virtual protection for VMware and Hyper-V. The product has been around since 1989, so some of our customers have been using it in various incarnations for almost three decades.
To apply: Please send your resume or LinkedIn page with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.