Headquarters: Remote Worldwide
At Dataquest, we teach data science to a community of hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We're looking for a Director of Content to lead our team of content authors. We want to eventually help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education. You will play a key role in helping us track content metrics, manage the content team, mesh content with business goals, and evangelize the way we teach.
Who Should Apply?:
The Director of Content will help us evolve how we teach, and ensure that our business continues to grow quickly while serving students effectively. You’ll need strong people management and business strategy skills. The Director of Content will set team culture, deadlines, and accountability. You will also create content roadmaps and processes. Ideally, you have experience maintaining the delicate balance between content quality and speed of output.
Solid communication and collaboration skills are key. You’ll report directly to the CEO and have input into wider company strategy. You will also coordinate with other teams (specifically the engineering and marketing teams) to launch courses and improve our teaching methodology.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Determining if our content is teaching students effectively.
- Managing the (currently) 6-person content team, including 1:1s, performance reviews, and hiring.
- Determining content success metrics.
- Identifying how content contributes to the business.
- Setting and sticking to content roadmaps.
- Coordinating and evangelizing course launches.
- Identifying students needs and evolving how we teach and what we teach to better serve those needs.
- Coordinating with other teams to improve the learning interface.
- Experience teaching, even if it’s writing technical or educational blog posts.
- The ability to tie your past work to business and customer outcome metrics.
- You should be a strong team player who buys into the mission of serving students and is energized by it.
- You should enjoy identifying and solving problems.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience formulating strategy, and having input into larger company goals.
- Some experience with data science, even if it’s SQL.
- Some experience with project management.
Nice to Have:
- Background in learning styles, basic education research, and/or pedagogy.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience working as part of a remote team.
- Experience setting and understanding business metrics, such as revenue.
- Experience working with technical teams, such as engineering or product teams.
Why You Should Work at Dataquest:
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- Be a part of an engaged and mission-driven team.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- We’re fully remote!
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (for full-time US-based employees only).
- 401(k) and life insurance plan.
The salary range for this role is $95,000 USD - $125,000 USD per year. This is a full-time remote position.