Headquarters: New York, NY
We’re looking for a Software Engineer skilled in DevOps to join our growing Engineering team! You should apply if you’re comfortable participating in strategic conversations about and getting your hands dirty writing code to improve tooling, data, infrastructure, and integrations. Our ideal candidate approaches work with empathy, respect, and humility.
Our mission is to build a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need.
We're effecting change for the most vulnerable among us by building software that social workers, nurses, patient advocates and care coordinators at Hospitals and Health Insurance companies use to connect their patients with social services. Our software addresses "social determinants," such as access to food, housing, childcare and jobs, which determine over 60% percent of our population's health. Our aim is to move the needle on healthcare outcomes and cost for these populations. After only 5 years, we've managed to touch the lives of over 6 million people in need. Our products are in use by some of the top health plans and Hospitals in the country such as BlueCross BlueShield and Johns Hopkins Healthcare.
We support diverse individuals and communities in need. We believe it’s crucial to build a team that is equally diverse. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to cultivate thoughtful and safe work environments, and understand the meaning and importance of our mission. We encourage individuals from marginalized and underrepresented communities to apply!
About the Role
Software Engineer (DevOps) Engineer will:
- Collaborate in Platform Squad sprints, standups, and retros with a team of software and data engineers
- Architect, develop, and test (automated and manual) software to integrate with internal and external systems
- Develop tools to automate workflows and improve developer efficiency
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Implement and evangelize security, stability, and monitoring best practices
- Be part of our on-call rotation
- 6+ years experience in software engineering with a focus on DevOps, Infrastructure, or SRE
- Knowledge of server infrastructure including cloud-based platforms (e.g. AWS, Aptible, GCE)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization using Docker or equivalent
- Experience architecting and implementing monitoring and alerting systems, including evaluating effective vendors (e.g. New Relic, Datadog, SumoLogic, Sentry)
- Fluency with scripting in bash, Ruby, Python, ECMAScript, Lua or equivalent
- Readiness to collaborate on data and integrations engineering problems
- Comfort with automated testing
- Enthusiasm for joining a growing team where you’ll have high impact and dynamic work
...And the following would be nice:
- Production experience with React, Postgresql, and/or Elasticsearch
- Professional experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience working in healthcare or social impact-oriented organizations
- Interest in and experience with teaching and mentoring fellow developers
Together, we live into our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and finding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
- We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
- We rise above the status quo: The status quo leads to pain for the people we serve, our communities, and our clients. We do our best to rise above the status quo, and to do things that no one else are doing. On an individual level, we improve ourselves and are always learning.
- We match grit with wit: We're creative and resourceful. We find solutions to every problem
...and to further support them, we offer:
- Unlimited Vacation
- A comprehensive tech set up
- Equipment allowance
- Education reimbursement allowance
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard reimbursement (New York only)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- 401k with 4% matching
- 100% covered Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Inclusive Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home options
- Weekly team lunches and learning opportunities
To apply: https://healthify.workable.com/jobs/779733