X-Team is an international company founded in Melbourne, Australia, that helps companies scale their development teams by providing them with extraordinary teams of developers from around the world.
We are 100% remote and believe in building a world where developers can have access to an environment of growth and incredible opportunities regardless of where they live.
We are also a community of people dedicated to unleashing our potential. We’ve fostered a unique, active lifestyle and culture around this idea that continues to attract thousands of developers to apply every day.
We proactively support our developers, fund their learning and growth, connect them in roaming hacker housesaround the world, and give them a remote environment that motivates and inspires them on a daily basis. While other companies merely place and drop their talent, we provide unified teams of developers centered around the same beliefs, values, and lifestyle.
We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age and aid them in being able to do so properly with the right people. We work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc., Coinbase, Google, Twitter and more…
- You'll be writing for our blog (x-team.com/blog; soon to be upgraded), covering the happenings in the X-Team community. Topics will range from tech, development, travel, gaming, tech, movies, fitness, photography, music, mental health.
- As you become acquainted with and become an active member of our community, you'll be responsible to come up with story ideas, a content calendar, and interview various members of our community and operations team to develop new blog posts. It'll be a mix of ghost writing as well as your own posts.
- You'll gather and prepare visual assets (images, videos, GIFs, etc.) for each post, so any editing skills are useful here.
- You'll report to the Head of Marketing and work collaboratively.
- Did we mention you can do this from anywhere?
- $20 per hour for 80 hours/month guaranteed ($1,600 per month)
- $2,500 per year budget given to every X-Teamer which can be used for various activities which help you learn, grow and get energized. Examples include: gym membership, fresh produce, courses, conferences, babysitter, games, and more.
- Experience writing for blogs and samples to show. Juniors are welcome to apply and show samples.
- Big plus if you have some experience writing some technical related articles.
- Big plus if you have Photoshop or illustration experience (not required).
- Passion for all or most of these: travel, gaming, tech, movies, fitness, photography, music, mental health.
- Strong understanding and connection with our brand, its voice, and the community values & spirit we're trying to convey to the world.
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in written English
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to learn new skills together in study groups, join clubs (photography, gaming, etc.) and get free camera equipment/games/conferences/courses/massages/etc., charitable fundraisers, fitness & yoga programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you're a remote developer.
- We’ll provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day.
To apply: Apply today: http://bit.ly/2NmR0Xq