Headquarters: Prague, Czech Republic
Sourcefabric is a nonprofit organisation that builds open source tools for media organisations all over the world. We're looking for an experienced full-stack web developer to join our Superdesk team.
Superdesk is an end-to-end news creation, production, curation, distribution and publishing platform developed and maintained by Sourcefabric. It is scalable to suit news organisations of any size, with a modular approach that makes it easily extensible.
- Work with the Superdesk product owner on the conception and realisation of new product features
- Use your deep understanding of web technologies and APIs to advise on the system's architecture and to coordinate frontend and backend development
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Share your knowledge of good code practices with the rest of the team
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Interact frequently with our CTO and with developers on other projects at Sourcefabric
Your skills and experience
- 4+ years of experience with full-stack web development
- Strong knowledge and experience in back-end software development, especially with Python web frameworks
- Well versed with database technologies including both relational and NoSQL systems. Expertise in MongoDB is a big plus
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience (or strong desire) working with agile development projects, in particular Scrum
- Experience with GitHub-like development workflows using Pull Requests for peer review
- Experience in other web technology stack including Elasticsearch, Node.js
- Passion for good engineering and clean code practices
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration is a plus
- A basic understanding of journalism and newsrooms is optional, but desirable
- You are located in time zone GMT -1 to +3
- Fluent English is a must
What we offer
We offer you a position in a highly international organisation, with projects and staff on literally every continent.We also invite you to work in a small and agile team that moves fast and breaks stuff. Superdesk will definitely be growing over the next few months.
If you have an interest in new forms of online journalism, this position will certainly give you some great insights. Our developers often visit or interact with newsrooms directly, consulting with them on how to make the most of our tools.
Find out more
To apply: If you're interested in this position, please send your CV, a short motivational letter, examples of projects you've worked on and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.