Headquarters: Canterbury, UK
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer with 3+ years experience.
Since we set out in 2012, Etch has worked with dozens of Startups and Multinational companies to design and engineer Software. We establish long-term relationships with clients to help them improve and maintain their online services.
We’re taking on more challenging projects and want to scale-up from a Trio to a Quartette. Plus we’ll be able to arrange that table tennis doubles match, at last!
We only work on about six products a year, which allows us to give projects our full focus and build a stronger understanding of the problem we’re solving.
Canterbury (near London) is our hometown, but we’re a distributed team so you can work from anywhere. We arrange quarterly meet-ups to bring everyone together and hang out for a few days.
You’ll be creating, documenting and integrating awesome UI components. We work on a range of projects from standalone component libraries to full-stack isomorphic SSR React builds (that’s a mouthful!).
Etch’s UI libraries are handed over to client development teams to integrate into their apps. You’ll be supporting their teams and documenting your components so they become fully self-serve.
On our full-stack builds, you’ll be working with Jim, Gav and Josh to create awesome products used by thousands of people.
We use the best tools and services to keep our workflow as smooth as possible. Slack, Trello, Github, Heroku, Travis, Codacy, Snyk – to name a few.
- Writing component-focused SCSS/CSS
- Creating components in React/Angular
- Writing robust, maintainable, code
- Supporting your work during integration with client dev teams
- Geeking out on performance
- Sweating the details
You might also know about...
- Webpack setup
- UI Design
- Good UX
- Node.js on the server
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Visual regression testing
- Scoping and proposal writing
Immediate projects you’ll be working on...
- React design system
- Angular component library
- React/Redux/Express full-stack build
- React/Apollo/GraphQL/Express full-stack build
On a typical day you’ll be...
- Having standups on Slack
- Building/documenting components
- Talking to clients on Basecamp
- Supporting client dev teams
- Making performance tweaks
- Writing articles about your experience/skills
You'll get the following perks...
- Workspace budget (enough for a shiny new MacBook)
- Conference trips and meet-ups
- 4 day week summer hours in June, July, and August
- 20 days holiday a year (increasing with tenure)
- A week off at Christmas
- Annual bonus
- Paid sabbaticals
- Workplace pension
- Full-time remote working
- Flexible hours
Position: Front-end Developer.
Contract: Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Starting salary: £25-35K depending on experience.
Location: Remote – you can work from anywhere in the UK.
To apply: Send some information about yourself and your best gif to firstname.lastname@example.org