Headquarters: Boston, MA
WHO WE ARE
DockYard is a remote software consultancy based in Boston that specializes in web applications. We have in-house engineers, designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for an IT and Data Security Manager to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
WHAT WE DO
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed-funded and early-stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is self-driven and passionate about web technologies and cybersecurity to manage our virtual data resources, assets, and provide training and education for our team members.
Remote (U.S. based only)
- Manage all technical assets including laptops, peripherals, and other DockYard-owned equipment in remote company environment.
- Administer and troubleshoot security solutions.
- Recommend security enhancements to senior leadership.
- Develop and support organizational Data security policies, standards, best practices, preventative measures, and disaster recovery plans.
- Stay current on cybersecurity measures to ensure DockYard’s cybersecurity policy is relevant and current.
- Provide regular training to new hires and current employees regarding data security and cybersecurity.
- Organize and prepare new hire credentials including email and software permissions for DockYard disciplines.
- Contact regular audits to ensure Data security compliance.
- Suspend credentials for existing employees (if necessary).
- Build internal library of technical documentation, policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Some travel and off hour support may be required.
- 3+ years of IT and/or Network administration experience.
- 3+ years of information security and/or cyber security experience.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery in iOS hardware environment.
- Familiarity with Jamf and other virus/malware protection for Apple OS hardware
- Proven knowledge of Data security and cybersecurity practices (e.g. NIST and/or ISO/IEC 27001:2013)
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong team player.
NICE TO HAVES
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, IT or related field or equivalent.
- Working in an agency environment.
- Professional System Administrator certifications.
- Experience working in a remote team.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK HERE
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
100% Remote workforce
100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
401(k) offered through Vanguard
Substantial paid time off
Conference & Laptop stipend
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
To apply: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/OM180008.careers?ApplyToJob=218353665'>Apply For This Job