At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help us improve and expand our product into new markets. We've raised a $2.8m seed investment from some of Europe's best investors, and we're now looking for new teammates to join our growing team — that's where you come in!
The short version
What: Building beautiful, reliable and scalable products that helps automating payroll
How: React, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL
Who: Experienced and humble full-stack engineer
Where: Remote (4 hour overlap with CET workday) 🌍
Compensation range: EUR 40,000-70,000.
What is Pento? 🤔
We build beautiful payroll software that automates a company's manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
The job description 💬
We’re looking for a seasoned full-stack engineer to build features across the entire stack and challenge our thinking on architecture.
Here’s a snapshot of what you could be working on:
- Collaborating with our product manager, designer, co-engineers, and CTO on implementing new exiting features in our products
- Digging deep into our systems to find bugs and fix them.
- Designing architecture and collaborating with other engineers on how to build out our stack.
- Doing in-depth and valuable code reviews.
- Be part of a high-performing and inclusive team: inspiring team members, set priorities and own results.
- Contributing to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
What we're looking for 🕵️♀️
- You've worked on front-and and back-end for at least 5 years.
- You have experience building and iterating on full features. From database schema to CSS.
- You have worked in small effective teams as the company grew fast
- You have experience implementing a large variety of integrations in a scalable and reliable way.
- You have extensive experience with DevOps and containers.
- You have production experience with Go, React and/or GraphQL.
- You have experience working in highly effective remote teams.
- You have a problem-solver attitude. No problem is too big or too hard.
- You like working independently, but you also know when to involve your teammates and ask for help.
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a small, fast-growing, remote-first team with 4 different nationalities, working out of 5 different cities throughout Europe. Meet the team and read about how we work at Pento here:
Please add the phrase "I want to be a gopher" in your application.