Hey there! The name’s Acuity Scheduling, but my friends call me Cutie. I’m an online scheduling tech company from New York City, and I’m 11 years old. But that’s, like, 150 years in the software company world.
Hobbies include: sipping air-roasted espresso, making puns like they’re goin’ out of style, and delivering show-stopping karaoke performances wherever there’s a boombox and a stage.
Not to toot my own horn (toot, toot!), but I’m not your typical grow fast/die young startup. Rather, I’m an established company with the whip smart dexterity and nimbleness of a new company. (We’re talking 8 figures a year in revenue from over 70,000 businesses who use me to schedule millions of appointments each and every month.)
I’m looking for a full-time Mid-level to Senior User Experience Designer (UXD) to help Acuity expand to the stratosphere. It’s all about making the lives of our users easier from the second they scope out our site. ‘Round these parts, that’s the holy grail.
I bet I know what you’re thinking.
“Why manage schedules?”
Well, I like to help people. I guess you could say I take after my dad that way. His name’s Gavin and he built me from scratch back in 2006! Can you believe it? More than a decade dedicated to making the lives of business owners easier.
And that’s where you come in.
You’ll fit in with me better than peanut butter at a jam sesh if you:
- Just found that cheesy pun at least mildly amusing.
- Have vast & varied user interface design experience for desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
- Want to get your UX hands dirty, talking to customers directly and sending surveys to tease out the important (and actionable) bits of the data.
- Find yourself daydreaming about developing UX best practices for our internal team, because making great things work even better is your bread & butter.
- Dance a little bit when you think about being in direct communication with our stellar crew of customers.
- Comfortable collaborating on the daily with colleagues that work everywhere (and enjoy things like video meetings while we all brainstorm & build together).
- Give a hoot — and bonus points if you give two hoots. We welcome the self-starting, passionate folks who want to grow their skills while tackling interesting work and solving unusual problems. Go team!
- Get stoked when you think about periodic travel (based on the project) plus team trips that put the “treat” in retreat. #treatyoself
- Swoon over user-centered design standards and systems (plus Accessibility standards), and can’t wait to study up on the ins and outs of how they’re developed.
- Love working fully remotely and managing your own time. (After all, micromanaging is so 1999.)
- Currently live (and do the hokey pokey) in the U.S.
Oh, and by the way? Please only apply if you’re cool with:
- Having 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums covered.
- Living that unlimited PTO life. (It’s real, and it’s wonderful.)
- 3% of your salary being contributed to your 401K.
- Being an autodidact. Go on. Look it up. (You’ll get a $5,000 credit toward continuing your education.)
If this description sounds like you, there’s a chance I’d like to offer you $70K - $100K. Straight up cash money. I mean, it’d be in exchange for your professional services each year, but still.
Write me. Or, you know, fill out the application that our Product Manager, Rob, will review personally. (You can count on it, just like our customers will come to count on you.)
High fives all around!
To apply: https://acuity-scheduling.workable.com/jobs/910176