Headquarters: Chicago, IL
We Are Mammoth is looking for a mid-to-senior level .NET/C# software engineer with at least five years of professional experience. We are a 100% remote team working throughout the United States. Our new engineer must be based in the United States, be a U.S. citizen, and be willing to work the same structured daily schedule with our team (regular business hours of 9AM - 5PM Central time).
While we're looking for a mid-level engineer, you need to be a senior-level team player, communicator, and problem solver. Since we are all remote, we communicate through Slack, Basecamp, and video chats throughout the day. You must be able to express your ideas and needs clearly. Everyone on our team also speaks directly with our clients on a daily basis, mostly in writing. You must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical people thoughtfully, and you must be able to work and communicate with a diverse range of people.
As a mid-level back-end engineer, here are some things you might do in a typical week:
- Be responsible for 3-4 projects at a time, all at varying degrees of completion.
- Be comfortable learning and maintaining legacy code bases.
- Investigate and resolve 15-20 reported bugs.
- Make updates to a SQL database schema using our in-house data modeling tool, X2O.
- Perform scheduled code, database schema, and data migrations between environments.
- Respond to issues discovered in dynamic and static security scans of our products.
- Provide well-written messages to a client (who is often non-technical) in Basecamp about the current status and upcoming roadmap for a particular site implementation.
- Routinely provide detailed insight to a client explaining how you've implemented a piece of logic that they've specified to resolve a bug.
- Interface with client IT/ops resources to implement structural changes across the QA testing and production environments.
- Managing a codebase and committing changes to a SVN and Git repositories, including merging branches, or occasionally resolving code conflicts with other developers.
- Collaborate with other team members to improve systems design and software delivery processes for both our internal and external client environments.
- Work with a project manager to estimate additional work for an existing application.
- Work with a front-end developer to integrate server-side models into an HTML/JS front-end using either traditional MVC or client-side frameworks like jQuery.
- Gain more business domain knowledge of how benefits and retirement plans work, as you continue to implement more code for a client. You'll use this knowledge to become even more productive and valuable for future projects.
All of our developers here have experience in the following, in order of how often you’ll be using these languages/patterns:
- .NET / C# using the MVC framework
- Relational DB development
- Service-repository pattern and dependency injection
- Jenkins or other continuous build/integration experience
- MSBuild, Gulp, Powershell, and other build/server-side scripting languages
- SSIS or other ETL tools
- Unit and regression testing
We Are Mammoth is a close-knit, hard working team of eleven software developers, designers, technical project managers, and support staff.
- Competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs, paid time off (PTO), and an employer-matched retirement plan with company matching up to 3%.
- Everyone starts with 18 days of paid vacation, plus a 5 day overage fund. Each year, you'll get 5 more until you have 28 paid vacation days, plus your 5 day overage fund. We also have all general and bank holidays off, and take a week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Annually, we pick a city in the United States and all meet there for a fully-paid company retreat. We review where we’ve been, where we’re going and explore the city together.
- We do annual compensation reviews on your anniversary, and monthly - if not weekly - “how are things going” chats.
- All new team members at We Are Mammoth are paired with a mentor who provides advice, guidance, and support.
This is a full-time, remote, mid-level .NET/C# engineer position. We Are Mammoth promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome, and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage all qualified US Citizens to apply for this job.
Absolutely no recruiters, please.
To apply: https://we-are-mammoth.workable.com/jobs/883030