Do you get excited by daily writing and breaking down problems? Love a well-formed user story and product plan? Are you the type of person who has a passion for products and a writing focus? We’d love to connect with you! We’re looking for a team of product managers to help build our product story through diligent writing and communication.
We’re looking for technical writers who enjoy digging into details and love seeing their words drive action. We’re seeking product managers who enjoy grooming tickets, honing acceptance criteria, thinking through edge cases and planning for the ways a feature might break or be misinterpreted, despite best intentions.
Who will you be working with?
You will join a dynamic, fast-moving team which measures success by product-specific KPIs. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders (from newrooms to marketing), external partners and Agile development teams to deliver on an ambitious roadmap and rapidly analyze, test, implement and optimize new and existing features and products. To succeed in this role, you must be a talented technical writer, expert communicator and effective remote collaborator.
What will you be working on?
The USA TODAY NETWORK is a leading local-to-national media & marketing solutions company, whose brands reach 50% of the U.S. digital population, including more Millennials than Buzzfeed. Our mission is to become essential to both consumers and businesses seeking meaningful connections within their communities, whether geographical or cultural. We happen to also own and operate more than 100 local newspapers in 34 states, from the Des Moines Register to the Indianapolis Star .
In This Role, We Will Expect You To
- Write a high volume of user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases
- Exhibit strong communication skills in order to deliver clear and concise product requirement documents and broadly communicate your expectations for execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine requirements and remove impediments for development teams
- Help groom backlogs, prioritize features, conduct user acceptance testing and evaluate product performance
- Effectively communicate with remote teams using collaboration software (Zoom, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze product performance metrics in partnership with Business Intelligence and other internal stakeholders to improve existing products and identify new opportunities
- 1-2 years experience product management and/or technical writing
- Bachelor's degree; Professional Writing Certificate or commensurate experience a plus
- Able to think critically and constructively about complex business problems, clearly communicating original analyses and presenting solutions that address business needs
- Experience identifying, analyzing and using data to independently test theories, confirm assumptions and crisply measure and communicate results
- Curious and open minded, with a knack for synthesizing and prioritizing stakeholder requests
- Knowledgeable and passionate about human-centered product discovery and design
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work effectively across teams and also make things happen on your own
- Fun to work with and a team player who loves to dig into touch problems
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.