Headquarters: Columbus, OH
We’re seeking a full stack Software Engineer who will serve as a cross-functional member of the engineering team who embraces DevOps culture and practices. We’re at a pivotal point where we’re building the platform that will serve as the foundation for the business for years to come.
- Engineers backend services and APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Integrates with third party APIs such as Twilio and with various insurance carriers
- Creates automated tests to ensure our applications are reliable
- Automates the deployment pipeline to enable frequent deployments and consistent builds from development through production
- Shares responsibility for site reliability engineering first designing resilient systems and applications, troubleshoots performance or availability issues, and participates in the on call rotation
- Creates relational database schemas and performs query optimization as well as using in memory data stores
- Collaborates closely with Systems and Security Engineers to build secure and reliable applications
- 5+ years relevant experience building scalable and functional applications, including two years of Ruby.
- Experience in technology companies and startups using open source technologies including Linux, Git, AWS, and modern development environments
- Expert in either front-end or back-end but capable with both.
- Familiar with a microservice architecture
To learn more about Bold Penguin’s results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org