Headquarters: Utah, USA
I’m hiring one or two more people to join our writing team
team. Your role initially will be to research the child custody process for
each of the 50 US states (one at a time - it’s a big project), primarily by
calling and emailing attorneys, mediators, and other custody experts. You will
then write the information you learned into webpages (10+ per state). These
webpages are for the general public to read when searching for their state’s
child custody process. We already have some information about each state on our
website, and we’d like to expand it, as it’s helpful to our current and future
Previous research experience isn’t required. However, you will
have to be an excellent writer, who can write in a concise and informative
manner, to match our writing style for our website. This job is strictly in
English and requires native English proficiency, though you can be living
anywhere in the Americas.
We are based in the US, but you will be paid in your local
currency at an equivalent of USD $8-9 per hour. For example, if you live in
Brazil, your pay would start between 30-33 BRL per hour. Or if you live in
Mexico, your pay would start between 150-170 MXN per hour. If you are a US
citizen traveling and living abroad, we’d just pay you in USD.
I’d like to hire you if you:
- Have native English skills, both speaking and
writing; if English is not your first language, your TOEFL score must be 115+
or your IELTS score must be 8.5+
- Enjoy writing and can write in a concise and
- Would like to research topics by calling and
- Can stay on task without supervision and work
- Live in North or South America
- Want to work from home in a long-term, full-time
- And we get along; to see the team you’ll be
joining, visit our about us page
My company is called Custody X Change. I’ve been working on
the business since 2004. We sell an application that creates child custody
schedules and parenting plans. It also helps families make difficult decisions
post-divorce/separation, and facilities communication between two parents who
may not get along very well anymore. All of this reduces a lot of conflict and
saves people a ton of money in legal fees.
If you want to help people discover a genuinely helpful
product, and join a small, distributed team, then we should talk.
To apply, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and:
- Include your resume in PDF format
- Somehow use the word “broccoli” in the subject
of your email
- Answer the following 5 questions in your email,
in this order:
- Where do you live and what’s your city like?
- Why are you looking for a remote job? (50-100
- Why will you do well working independently, with
limited supervision? (50-100 words)
- What’s your story on how you learned English?
And if you didn’t learn it as your first language, what was your TOEFL or IELTS
test score? (50-100 words)
- What do you think about the starting salary?
Note: agencies need not apply; I’m looking for an employee
to join our team.
P.S. I want you to be happy working for me and you can work
normal hours. I care about results, not bureaucracy.
To apply: email@example.com