Headquarters: New York, NY
- Proficient in Java and can confidently write, test, and deploy code. A minimum of two years experience required
- Knowledge and professional experience with the Spring Framework, including Spring Data, Spring Security, and Spring Boot.
- Experience with RestEasy or similar web service Java framework.
- Proficient in SQL and an understanding how JPA/Hibernate works.
- Understand NoSQL data storage concepts and tools.
- Basic understanding of AWS/Cloud concepts.
- Find joy working on a variety of different aspects of a project from server-side backend architecture to UI experiences.
- Self-motivated, independent, but enjoy working with other smart individuals to find the best solution to a problem.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in English.
- Understand Unix-based operating systems
- Understand distributed version control systems (git or mercurial)
- Prior experience working remotely
- The Java Developer is responsible for implementing new features, improving upon existing features and helping triage the occasional bug.
- Tasks can vary from multi-tier web applications, data analytics, performance optimizations, integrations, and others.
- You will have a lot of independence and agency, but you will be expected to seek other team members to find the best possible solution and be open to helping others do the same.
- Occasional travel may be required for face-to-face meetings. Unlikely to exceed more than 2 or 3 times a year.