Headquarters: Boston, MA
As our EU-based software engineer focused on Site Reliability Engineering you will be working with our Development team to ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and performance of our platform's automated cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a larger, distributed team that is focused on improving the business of learning in the cloud environment.
As part of our SRE team, you will:
- Work with SRE team and other developers to build, maintain, and monitor core pieces of infrastructure.
- Work with our wider product team to meet new platform needs.
- Take part in on-call rotation, responding to alerts and handling handling platform outages (particularly during EU hours).
As an SRE Engineer, you:
- Understand the requirements and challenges of hosting applications in the cloud
- Understand the flow of a web request through a cloud application stack
- Are mindful of risk-management and testing new production changes thoroughly
- Feel the need to automate your problems away
As an Engineer, you:
- Communicate and collaborate well in a distributed team
- Take a pragmatic and thoughtful approach to solving problems
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task and run with it
- Care about the quality of your work
- Have empathy for your users and team
- Enjoy learning new skills and building solutions to difficult problems
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- Experienced in building, managing, monitoring, testing and optimizing a production cloud application.
- Fluent with one scripting language (e.g. bash, python, ruby)
- Has working experience with multiple languages (node.js, c/c++, etc.)
- Experienced with container-based deployment (e.g. K8s)
- Experienced with AWS and its various offerings
- Experienced with at least one flavor of linux and its setup and maintenance
- Experienced with maintaining a production application across multiple regions
Thought Industries is a startup in the Online Learning space. We enable training and software companies to launch and monetize external learning programs — think Shopify meets Udemy/Coursera.
This is a full-time position based in our Boston office. No Recruiters, please, and for this position we are only able to consider Irish citizens at this time.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Thought Industries is one of the world’s fastest-growing online learning companies in the U.S. We are helping consumer brands and for-profit learning organizations change how they build, deploy and grow online learning businesses. Today, hundreds of customers and brands are using the Thought Industries’ Learning Business Platform to transform the way they reach, teach, and engage audiences.
We are a growing, well-funded technology company, with a talented team and a clear vision. This is a unique opportunity to take a lead role at an exciting SaaS software company with a robust cloud-based platform. We hire talented people who are self-motivated and team orientated. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
To apply: Please submit your a cover letter explaining what kind of role you are looking for and why Thought Industries specifically interests you along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: email@example.com