The Rookies is a community for digital artists aspiring to work in film, games, animation, immersive media, archviz, motion graphics, product design and more.
We have recently built an incredible Ruby platform with the help of Envylabs in Florida. However, we are now looking to grow our own in-house team of developers.
We are looking for a strong web developer capable of implementing new features, handling bug fixes and also suggesting improvements and helping us grow the platform. We are looking for someone motivated, proactive and with strong communication skills.
The work will start as contract based, so ideally the candidate should be a freelancer working on their own projects or consulting with other companies. Tasks will be briefed in sprints and mutually agreed upon in terms of schedule and your availability to complete them.
- 100% English fluency
- Thorough knowledge of web development in Ruby (not strictly Rails)
- Thorough knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with RSpec experience
- Knowledge of Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection principals
- PostgreSQL experience
Nice to have experience with
- Ruby Object Mapper (ROM)
- Mailchimp & Mandrill
For interested applicants, please apply to via email@example.com.
As part of you application please include the following:
- link to GitHub account
- answer the question "What interests you about this position?"
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org