Headquarters: Columbus, Ohio
Wanted: Talent Relations Coordinator That Loves Penguins
Technically, you don’t have to love penguins to get this job. But if penguins are your thing, that’s cool too - we don’t judge.
Who Are We?
Now that you know we’re not penguin obsessed weirdos, you probably want to get to know us a little better (and we’re glad you do!).
Be My Guest is a podcast outreach and booking agency for entrepreneurs, CEO’s, and experts from all walks of life.
We serve our clients by booking them as guests on podcasts that reach their ideal customers and readers so they can get more publicity, grow their audience, and drive sales of their products and services.
What We Need
Main Goal: An amazing Talent Relations Coordinator who meshes well with our ambitious and fun team.
Stretch Goal: The above + someone who gives Ron Burgundy his due respect.
You’ll be helping our clients grow their businesses through podcast guest appearances (these interviews will be listened to by thousands of people).
This is a client facing role, so having a way with words via email, phone, and handwritten letters is a must.
Specifically, you will help us with:
- Interview scheduling - Coordinating with podcaster’s and clients to book interviews at times that work best for each of them
- Prep notes - Ensuring our clients have the prep and interview details needed prior to every interview
- Project Management- Keeping our project management systems up to date (Trello/Asana/HubSpot) in real-time so we can best track client deliverables
- Onboarding - Helping facilitate our client onboarding process
- Random Acts of Kindness - Sending handwritten notes + gifts to podcasters and clients
The Starting Line:
- You have an upbeat, bubbly, and friendly personality that shines through virtual communication. We’re a company run by young, talented, and fun individuals. If you don’t laugh at a good meme or get sarcasm we may not be a great fit.
- You’re used to being the “backbone” for others. You’re outstanding at helping others make their mission possible.
- You’re a good human (if you’ve ever kicked an animal that wasn’t attacking you or cursed at a homeless person please don’t apply).
- On more than one occasion people (not your parents) have complimented how proactive you are.
- You have internal motivation (we’re a fully remote company that does not micromanage).
- Must live in the United States.
The Finish Line:
- You are coachable and ego doesn’t get in your way (you’re happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks).
- You can balance multiple projects at the same time (attention to detail test - use the word "fun" somewhere in your application).
- You know the inner workings of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs in a way that others may find disturbing.
- You manage confidentiality without exception. You will be required to sign an NDA, as our client's privacy is very important to us.
The Victory Lap:
- You have experience scheduling and managing calendars of multiple people at once.
- You’re familiar with Trello, Asana, and/or HubSpot.
- You’re a podcast fan.
Let’s Talk Logistics:
While we do get together in-person occasionally, we’re primarily a remote company. You can work anywhere you want - from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc. :)
This is a full-time 40 hour per week contract position with a starting salary of $30,000/year.
Sidebar: We are a fast-growing company, and see this position leading to potential growth opportunities in the future.
Let’s Do This Thing:
To apply for this position, please follow the steps below exactly as they are listed:
1. Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest.
2. Include the following
- Phone number
- URL of your Linkedin profile (if you have one)
- URL of your website (if you have one)
- URL of your Twitter (if you have one)
- URL of your Instagram (if you have one)
3. Answer the following survey questions in the Google Doc (keep brevity in mind):
- Why do you want to work at Be My Guest?
- After reading the job description, why do you feel you are a strong fit for this role? Sell us on why we should hire you over everyone else. What differentiates you from your peers?
- Give us a brief description (in your own words, no resumes or CVs) of your background. Do you have experience that coordinates with what we’re looking for in this role?
- What have you improved on most during the last year, and what would you like to improve upon next?
- Share a particularly hard work-related problem you were able to solve. What made it so difficult, and how did you go about solving it?
- Do you listen to non-fiction podcasts or read blog posts. If so, what are some of your favorites?
- What is your work availability and desired work schedule? Please be as specific as possible with your availability on a day/week basis.
- Where did you hear about this job posting?
- Is there anything else we should know about you?
- The subject line should read “BMG Talent Relations Coordinator: YOUR NAME”
- The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.
Note: If we like your email we will ask you to complete a test project free of charge to give us a better idea of how you operate hands-on. The work completed in said test project isn’t used for anything outside of gaining perspective on your work.
Thanks for your time! We know you could be on IG right now, but chose to spend time with us instead and we’ll never forget that. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org">http://email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org