Headquarters: London, UK
Engage builds software to make finding, hiring, and paying workers painless. Our software is causing waves in the UK recruitment industry, serving end hirers, recruitment agencies and workers, and we're looking to continue growing our product development team.
Team and Culture
We're a diverse team of people, both professionally and personally, bringing together a broad range of skill sets, experiences, backgrounds and cultures. We believe this helps us build better products for our diverse user base. It's for this reason that we have built a kind, supportive, inclusive team. We have team members from 19 different nationalities, and no gender pay gap.
We pride ourselves on being flexible and family-friendly - it's not unusual to see a baby in a team meeting. Being your best at work means having balance outside it - if you need to pick the kids up from school, visit a sick relative, or just want to walk the dog while the sun is shining, that's part of life. We expect you to work sensible hours and take your holidays.
Engineering is spread across Europe, because we believe you can ship great software from anywhere. Our office is in London, where some of our product development team is based, including Product Management and Design - remote brainstorming can be really hard. We live in Slack, remote people come to London regularly, and we work very hard to make everyone feel included.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our infrastructure team, responsible for:
- Keeping our cloud infrastructure secure and highly available.
- Supporting engineers with the necessary tools to ship product easily.
- Facilitating monitoring, alerting and maintenance.
- Working with our development team on adopting new offerings from AWS or other providers.
We run on Amazon Web Services and script using CloudFormation, Python and Puppet. Our application services are written in Java and Node, and run in Docker containers in Amazon ECS.
Deployments happen multiple times per week, sometimes multiple times per day. We also make use of Lambda, API Gateway, Elasticsearch and Redis.
You must have
- Strong background in Linux server administration.
- Solid knowledge of security and best practices for SaaS products.
- Experience in setting up and managing production environments in AWS (and ideally using Docker).
- Experience writing infrastructure as code with CloudFormation, Terraform or a similar tool.
- Experience with configuration management tools such us Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Proficiency in Bash and Python scripting.
- Good English communication skills.
Any of this sound familiar?
- You have opinions on Ansible vs Puppet, but would take either over doing it by hand.
- You love automating those annoying manual tasks you had to do many times.
- Security holes keep you up at night.
- You enjoy collaborating with other engineers, even if they prefer tabs to spaces.
- You find satisfaction in enabling others to work self-sufficiently.
- You can list all SPOFs of the systems you manage without hesitation, and you work towards removing them.
- You worry about performance and cost, and how to illustrate the tradeoffs.
- TLS, IAM, VPC, VPN, RDS, ECS are more than just TLAs to you.
Our ideal candidate will work standard office hours from a timezone between UTC+1 and UTC+3. This will allow us, as a team, to maximise our coverage of the hours worked by product engineers.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid holidays.
- Stock options.
- Apple or Linux equipment.
- Occasional travel and accommodation in London.
To apply: If you think you're a good fit for this role, please apply at https://engagetech.workable.com/jobs/822277 - we want to get to know you!