Headquarters: San Francisco, CA or Tokyo, Japan
We are looking for a talented individual who can help us to shape our product and culture from a long-term perspective.
As a core member in the initial stages, you will be working alongside us to develop our product from the early stage, as well as, be involved in future stages of product growth.
We work mostly in Ruby on Rails + GraphQL with some AWS services (ECS, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cognito, etc). However, we're also open to speaking with talented engineers who can pick up things quickly.
- Be involved in every aspect of the backend development
- Develop new features with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL
- Improve and refactor codebases for a better developer experience and productivity
- 5+ years’ experience in backend development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (experience with Elixir/Phoenix would be considered an asset if you are less experienced with Ruby)
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and Docker
- Skillful at writing reusable, quality codes
- Experience working in small teams or startup
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues and multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) and Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Experience developing products within an engineering team (not as dev-shop)
- Experience with React and Redux or similar frameworks (Vue.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- Competitive salary / Stock options package
- PTO: 15 days vacation plus national holidays
- Reimbursement of costs incurred from usage of co-working space
- Business trip opportunities to Japan and America (1-3 times yearly)
- Support to apply for a Japanese work visa if you want to work in Japan
*** Please understand that these perks are not provided during the probationary period.
WHO WE ARE
- We are currently a small team consisting of a CEO, 6 engineers
- A remote friendly team with employees located in Tokyo and San Francisco (headquarter)
- Successful entrepreneurs and engineers who have built large scale systems from scratch
- Raised $5.5M in funding from some of Asia’s top investors