Headquarters: New York, NY
We're looking for a Director of Engineering to help grow and guide our young and passionate Engineering team. This is an opportunity for an experienced manager who has scaled a pre-series B team and knows how to advocate for the Engineering team on an executive level. You are an excellent team builder whose scaled engineering culture and infrastructure and is excited about our mission to build a world where no one's health is hindered by their need.
At Healthify we're rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to get in touch!
The Director of Engineering will:
- Report to our Executive team and our board on technical performance
- Grow and engage our team of Engineers
- Oversee the development of our products
- Ensure the stability and scalability of our solutions
- Become a domain expert on Healthcare IT
- Identify opportunities to improve Engineering team performance
- Manage Engineering budget and relationships with contractors
- Be an active part of our larger company leadership team
- 4+ years as an Engineering Manager or Director of Engineering at a post-SeriesB, B2B company
- Have overseen the growth of a technology platform from 10,000 to 100,000 users
- An excellent manager with experience building engaged teams from 10 or less to 50+
- Proven technical background
- Empathetic, vulnerable, and collaborative
And the following would be nice…
- Experience in healthcare or regulated environments.
- Experience Scaling a technology system from a monolith to service-oriented architecture
Together, we live into our Core Values
We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and finding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
We rise above the status quo: The status quo leads to pain for the people we serve, our communities, and our clients. We do our best to rise above the status quo, and to do things that no one else are doing. On an individual level, we improve ourselves and are always learning.
We match grit with wit: We're creative and resourceful. We find solutions to every problem
...and to further support them, we offer:
- Unlimited Vacation
- A comprehensive tech set up
- Equipment allowance
- Education reimbursement allowance
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard reimbursement (New York only)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- 401k with 4% matching
- 100% covered Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Inclusive Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home options
- Weekly team lunches and learning opportunities
To apply: https://healthify.workable.com/jobs/924840