Headquarters: Fully Remote
- Full Magento site development
- Design architecture, then implement features for existing Magento stores
- Implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS
- Configure Magento-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
- 3–5+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on programming experience with Magento
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Git experience
- Understand the web—REST, HTTP verbs, basic HTTP status codes, etc.
- Familiarity with the Unix command line
- Hands-on programming experience with Shopify
- Enterprise software development
- Strong UX/UI chops
- Deep understanding building complex database queries, particularly MySQL
- Experience setting up and configuring Apache
- Opinionated about design—visual and code
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)
Some Notes on Culture
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Quality can only be assessed with a clear problem definition.
- Context—understanding our clients and their customers—empowers individual contributors to find better solutions.
- Automating repeatable processes frees up time for more interesting problems.
- No process for process’ sake. No meetings for meetings’ sake. But there’s a place for both.
- Build or use tools to provide predictability and eliminate boring work.
- Individual productivity is hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.
To apply: Email a cover letter and a resume email@example.com. If it looks good, I’ll be in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you!