Headquarters: Charlottetown, PE, Canada
Silverorange is a sixteen-person design and development agency based in Canada. Our focus is on interesting and meaningful projects. We’ve worked with well-known technology organizations like Duolingo and Mozilla, and with world-renowned doctors training other doctors through online education.
Over the nineteen years of growing silverorange we’ve focused as much on quality of life, openness, empathy, and a wonderful work environment, as we have on our dedication to building great user-focused systems.
Our team benefits from those with over a decade of shared experience and has only become stronger with the eight amazing people who’ve joined in the last four years.
We’re looking for a junior-to-intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team in order to help us improve our testing and QA infrastructure.
As an applicant, if you have either a programming background and a real passion for testing, or you are an experienced QA tester looking to build your technical skills, this position is for you. We will provide mentoring, support, and learning opportunities to help you expand your skills.
Your first task will be writing end-to-end test cases for a fantastic long-term client.
Applications close January 7th, 2019, at which point we’ll be in touch with only those people we shortlist for interviews. This position is available immediately and we will work with you to get you started as soon as possible.
Inclusion & Diversity
People with diverse backgrounds and experiences make us stronger, and we’re always looking for ways to improve. With our growth over the last few years our team has become a lot more diverse, but we’re still missing voices from different backgrounds and experiences who could make our team and our work better. Why not help us with that? We highly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply—we’d love to hear from you.
- Collaborating with our development team to design, implement, maintain, and improve our testing infrastructure and environments.
- Writing clear, concise and comprehensive testing plans and test cases.
- Writing functional, integration, and unit tests for the products we support across various web and mobile technologies.
- Automating test infrastructure.
- Advocating for quality and testability in our development process.
- Be a resident of, and available to work from, Canada.
- Be able to quickly learn and understand new systems.
- Have an understanding of software testing fundamentals.
- Have some experience with automated testing. Experience with the following tools are an advantage, but not a requirement: Jenkins, Selenium, PHPUnit, Jest/Mocha, XCtest, Espresso
- Be able to communicate clearly with clients and co-workers.
- Know how to effectively work with remote team members and business partners across time-zones. We have team members in Charlottetown, Halifax, Montreal, BC, and Ecuador.
While not required, if you have any of the following skills let us know:
- Know how to write SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- iOS or Android app development.
- Source code version control systems. We use git and GitHub.
Remote Working Is Just as Good as Local
This position can be remote, though you are welcome to work from our lovely offices in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
As it stands, 50% of our current team and 95% of our clients are remote (most are international). You’ll need to be comfortable working with remote clients and co-workers regardless of your location.
If you plan to work remotely, we will fly you to Charlottetown for your first week of work. All remote employees spend some time each year working with the local team in Charlottetown. Count on visiting Charlottetown semi-regularly.
Though you may be working remotely, you’ll be an active member of a great small but growing team, both here at silverorange and with our clients. Regular text, voice, and video communication will help keep you in touch with the whole team.
- Flexible work hours.
- 3 weeks of vacation, on top of 9 days of civic holidays and 3 weeks of company-wide shutdown.
- Excellent health and dental coverage.
- Yearly company-wide bonuses based on overall company success, plus ownership opportunities and dividends for long-term employees.
- Salary starting at CAD $31,000 - $50,000 per year based on experience, with an expectation of career growth.
- Remote worker stipend of CAD $3,000 per year.
To apply: Email us at email@example.com with the subject line “QA”, a brief overview of your qualifications, links (if available) to relevant examples of recent work—GitHub or an equivalent profile is a great place to start—and most importantly an explanation of why you’d be great for the job. Tell us about an interesting project you’ve worked on or helped ship. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence—such as a blog, Twitter, Facebook—send it along.