Headquarters: Indianapolis, IN
DevOps Team Lead
What we do:
Draw it to Know it, Medical & Biological Sciences is an online education company that creates, hosts, markets, and sells educational tutorials. Drawittoknowit.com is a highly interactive, mobile-friendly website that features web-based drawing, a large library of videos and images and quizzes that meets the complex demands of institutions and individual customers. Customers purchase access to the materials via subscriptions, which are delivered via our website and/or iTunes app (according to standard SaaS models).
Who we are:
We are a small team comprised of full-time content developers and part-time and contract engineers.
What we need:
We’re looking for someone who can manage a fully established and functional website with a large user base of subscribers. This person will need to be comfortable managing front- and backend operations, server and site stability, and communications between our iTunes app and website.
We currently see this as a part-time role (est. 10 hours per week) that reports to the CEO (Adam Fisch, MD) and interacts with engineering and non-engineering members of the company.
Experience & Education levels:
5+ years professional development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with application development (see Key Software/Services below)
- Demonstrated experience with full application lifecycle including prototyping, testing, development, review, deploying, and monitoring.
- Must be comfortable navigating and operating large databases.
- Awareness of common site security vulnerabilities and ways to address them.
- Ability to monitor and optimize server performance.
- Self-organized and self-driven.
- Capable of organizing and overseeing the work of other engineers on staff to ensure objectives are efficiently and accurately met.
- Able to clearly communicate technical information and objectives between engineers and non-engineers.
Pay, Hours, & Availability:
- This is an hourly, part-time, remote position:
- Number of hours will vary based on needs and objectives.
- Candidates must be located in the United States.
- Must be available during normal business hours (Central or Eastern Standard Time) to work with others on staff, as needed.
- 24/7 availability for emergency support required (though ideally unnecessary).
- If desired, we can provide space in our Indianapolis office.
- Remote work experience.
- Ideally able to travel to St. Louis, MO and/or Indianapolis for periodic operations meetings.
- SaaS experience.
- Experience working with technical aspects of advertising (pixels, tagging, conversion tracking, etc.).
WORKING AT DRAW IT TO KNOW IT
We’re a small company that is having a big impact on the way students across the globe learn medical and biological science. We currently serve thousands of students and institutions across the globe, and we’re strive to create the best educational content we can and deliver it as seamlessly as possible. That’s where you come in -- we’re looking for someone who can help us streamline and optimize our engineering processes so that we can work more efficiently and grow faster.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should visit our site (drawittoknowit.com) to learn more about the service we we provide and how our site works. If what we do interests you and sounds like a good fit, please send a short introduction and a resume that clearly outlines your relevant professional experience and strengths to email@example.com
KEY THIRD PARTY VENDORS
- Amazon Web Services
- Digital Ocean
KEY SOFTWARE / SERVICES
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org