Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY
ControlShift believes that advocacy organizations, campaigns and movements are more powerful when they invite everyone to participate. We build software in service of that vision, while also building a great place to do work that matters.
Our product is the best software for putting people at the center of campaigns with distributed events, local groups, and member-generated petitions. We serve some of the world's most effective progressive advocacy organizations and campaigns including Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Planned Parenthood and 350.org. We're proud to support some of the most impactful activism around the world on environmental issues, racial justice, economic fairness, and fighting the rise of fascism.
We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for progressive social change while sharing our commitment to engineering best practices including test driven development, continuous delivery and rigorous code reviews.
We have a small team so everyone has the opportunity to be involved in the entire stack from server infrastructure through to front-end user experience.
- Lead the development of new features of our Rails and Vue.js application from feature planning to deployment across the entire stack.
- Contribute to open-source projects and other infrastructure used by the wider community.
- Help the team to continue to grow and improve our engineering practices around security, automation, accessibility and scalability by learning new technologies and suggesting improvements to our processes and architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- At least two years experience writing software for the web (but we're also excited to talk to more senior applicants).
- Demonstrated experience and success working with diverse individuals from a broad range of cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
- Experience writing software for the web in a dynamic scripting language like Ruby or Python.
- Ability to travel to an in-person team meet up once approximately every nine months.
- Experience with or openness to working remotely and independently.
- A demonstrated commitment to progressive advocacy or social causes.
- Experience with Terraform, AWS, Packer Chef or other infrastructure automation technology.
- We also work with an alphabet soup of technologies including git, redis, postgres, elasticsearch and docker but do not expect candidates to be experts in all of them.
We're a globally distributed team where everyone works remotely. Work from anywhere with high speed internet as long as your work day overlaps with U.S. East Coast business hours (parts of Europe, Africa and the Americas would work, but Australia or Asia would be hard), so we can talk on Zoom and Slack. Our team regularly spends a week meeting together in-person roughly every nine months in a city somewhere in the world.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, and where you live.
We believe that diversity of ideas and perspectives makes our products and the movements that we serve stronger. We are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace, where all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religious affiliation, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or physical handicap.
To apply: https://controlshift.breezy.hr/p/e42b1496f6b5-full-stack-software-engineer